單字卡學習系統 | 類別 Spelling

1 encourage [ɪnˈkɝɪdʒ]
[v.] 鼓勵
The booth workers encouraged me to try the new food.
攤位的工作人員鼓勵我試試看那種新食物。
My teacher encouraged us to visit every booth at the fair.
我的老師鼓勵我們去逛博覽會的每一個攤位。
2 interact [ˌɪntɚˈækt]
[v.] 互動
We got to interact with people from Japan at their booth.
我們在日本攤位跟來自日本的人互動。
It is fun to interact with kids from other cultures.
跟來自其他文化的小朋友互動很有趣。
3 illustrate [ˈɪləˌstret]
[v.] 說明/以圖示解釋
The poster on the wall illustrates how to make dumplings.
牆上的海報說明了怎麼包水餃。
The worker used pictures to illustrate the traditional dance.
工作人員用圖片來說明傳統舞蹈。
4 acknowledge [əkˈnɑlɪdʒ]
[v.] 承認/認知到
We must acknowledge that different cultures have different rules.
我們必須承認,不同的文化有不同的規矩。
She nodded to acknowledge that she understood the new custom.
她點頭表示她知道這個新的習俗了。
5 adjustment [əˈdʒʌstmənt]
[n.] 調整
Eating with chopsticks was hard at first, but I made a small adjustment.
一開始用筷子吃飯很難,但我做了一點小調整。
Moving to a new country takes time and adjustment.
搬到一個新的國家需要時間和調整。
6 acceptance [əkˈsɛptəns]
[n.] 接受
Learning about other cultures starts with acceptance.
認識其他文化要從「接受」開始。
She showed acceptance by trying the new food without complaining.
她沒有抱怨就直接試吃新的食物,展現了接受的態度。
7 frustration [frʌˈstreʃən]
[n.] 挫折
I felt frustration when I couldn't say the word correctly.
當我沒辦法把那個字唸對的時候,我感到很挫折。
Not understanding the language can cause frustration.
聽不懂對方的語言可能會帶來挫折感。
8 serenity [səˈrɛnəti]
[n.] 平靜/安詳
The Japanese tea booth gave me a feeling of serenity.
日本茶攤讓我感受到一種平靜的感覺。
Sitting quietly at the fair brought her serenity.
在博覽會靜靜坐著讓她感到安詳。
9 wisdom [ˈwɪzdəm]
[n.] 智慧
It takes wisdom to understand people who are different from you.
要了解跟你不一樣的人,需要智慧。
My grandma shared her wisdom about getting along with others.
我的奶奶分享了她與人相處的智慧。
10 discern [dɪˈzɝn]
[v.] 辨別/看清
It is not always easy to discern the difference between two similar customs.
要辨別兩個相似的習俗之間的差異,不一定容易。
She could discern the real tradition from the modern one.
她能分辨出哪一個是真正的傳統,哪一個是現代的。